- The pledge – first announced last year and then repeated at the budget in March – to spend GBP5billion to subsidize rural “gigabit broadband” is repeated (again!), but we still don’t have any details of how this will be disbursed. The chancellor’sspending review，发表同一天，建议将在现在和2024-25之间花在2024-25之间，这反过来又认为其余的将来，如果在计划的最后一年（或者，也许更现实地，那么截止日期将扩展）。
- The target seems to have been softened from its original formulation of providing every home in the UK with “full fibre” by 2025, to one where 85% “coverage” of “gigabit capable” services will be provided within this timescale. This seems likely to reflect reality more closely, despite the current enormous increase in FTTP investment.
- 超过33％的英国房屋已经可以获得能力的联系，从2019年7月的千分之一增加。目前的市场数据建议运营商将在2020年将FTTP送到250万新房屋，2018年的750,000。这是一个remarkably rapid deployment, even if much of it has likely been achieved from Virgin Media’s ongoing upgrade work (which uses DOCSIS 3.1 rather than full fibre).
- The government expects that, ultimately, commercial investment by the private sector will lead to around 80% of UK premises being connected to gigabit capable services and that no subsidies will be needed for this, though there’s still a role for the government in reducing regulatory obstacles (through its “障碍破坏工作队“）。
- 第32页的有一个有趣的地图，按地区显示政府预期会有什么百分比的物业绝不be commercial for rollout of gigabit-capable services (ie that will need a subsidy). This map shows roughly half the landmass of the UK within zones for which 35% or more of properties are in this category.
- The total investment required for this will be around GBP30bn.
最后，政府还将发布“5G供应链多元化战略，以确保英国的5G网络不依赖于单个供应商，筹集了2.5亿英镑来开始这一旅程。”这涉及对“高风险供应商”，特别是华为的使用限制 - 我们也一直在建议客户，我们博客here。